Background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"The Best Part of Waking up...."

"...is Folgers in my cup." Just kidding. We don't drink coffee around these parts. We (especially me) love having a hot breakfast in the morning. My husband enjoyed this meal!

As promised here is a yummy egg recipe, which I served it with cinnamon rolls (unfrosted) and hashbrowns browned with coined kielbasa. Enjoy! Happy Breakfast

Egg White Frittata

1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 small sweet red pepper, sliced
1/2 small green pepper, diced
1/4 t salt*
1/4 t oregano*
Dash of pepper*
1 T olive oil (I used reserved bacon grease)
8 egg whites, beaten
1 T grated Parmesan cheese (I used 2T grated cheddar)

In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, green pepper, salt, oregano and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Beat egg whites until foamy; pour into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat or until puffed and lightly browned on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 8-10 minutes (I did closer to 15-20 since I did not brown or puff it first). Loosen the edges and bottom of frittata with a rubber spatula. Invert on to a serving plate; cut into four wedges. (did not do this...it would be too messy) Serve immediately.'
*omitted the spices
Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment