Background

Monday, September 12, 2016

Take The Chill Off

Over the weekend my husband was making beer, it was the last day of warm weather (80s). Today is bitterly cold  so it reminded me that I need to post this amazing recipe I made for pairing with his brewing.

Perfect Chili
adapted from: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/frito-chili-pie/

2 lbs ground beef (I used half elk)
1 onion, diced
garlic
1 (10oz) can Enchilada Sauce, medium heat
1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
1 (12oz) bag frozen corn niblets
1/2 t salt
1-2 T ground cumin
2 T chili powder
1 (29oz) can western style chili beans

Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Stir in salt, cumin and chili powder.  Pour into a greased large crockpot. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn and enchilada sauce.  Cook on HIGH for 4hours. Serve with fritos, cheese and sour cream. Delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment