Background

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Beet The Heat

Lately it has been over 90 degrees outside. Even though I enjoy the warmth of the sun, I don't particularly like it when the temperatures soar for extended periods of time.  However I am glad we live it a place where it cools down at night and we can at least get a little reprieve.  I made this beet recipe...it was so refreshing.

Pickled Beets
adapted from: https://aiplifestyle.com/quick-pickled-beet-salad/

4 (medium to large) beets, peeled and cut into quarters
1T Orange zest
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (I had one infused with honey)
1 red onion, cut into rings then in half and half again (so quarter moons) - my addition

Cover beets with water in a sauce pan. Boil for about 25minutes. Drain and place in a (non-metal) bowl.  Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refridgerate for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment