Background

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Simple Delicious Buttery Goodness

Last week we had some friends over for dinner.  As it was a Friday and we go meatless on Fridays, I thought I would try my hand at making shrimp tacos.  Delicious! The shrimp were so buttery and delicious...I think (rather, I know) I could have eaten a lot more than just two tacos.  Simple and delicious.

Perfect Fiesta Shrimp
adapted from: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/firecracker-shrimp-tacos-with-avocado-corn-salsa.html

1.5lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
3T Cholula Hot sauce
1/3 cup olive oil
1T sugar
1 t salt
8 garlic cloves, roughly minced (big chunks are good)

Salsa
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 can tomatoes with chilies
1 T lemon juice
1 T chili powder
1 T  cumin

Place hot suace, olive oil, sugar, salt and garlic in a large zip bag.  Add shrimp. Squish around so all the shrimp is coated. Place in the fridge to marry a bit.
Meanwhile wihile shrimp is marinating, saute onion with some oilve oil in skillet.  Pour in the tomatoes, lemon juice, cumin and chili powder.  Stir around so everything is well incorporated. Cook on med-low until the liquid is evaporated.
Serve with flour tortillas, crunchy corn shells and shredded cabbage (and grated cheese if you like). I made Spanish rice as a side dish too. Use avocado if you like too

No comments:

Post a Comment