Background

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Holiday-ish Specials

Egg nog is one of those things (in my opinion) should be stocked year round. However when it does appear on store shelves, it often finds its way to my husband's boots on St Nicholas Day. This morning there was a bout 4 cups left in the carton. So I asked "Dr Google" for egg nog waffles and he showed me the perfect recipe. SSP ate 2, while BAP and my husband each only had one.  They smelled awesome....I hear they tasted great too.

Egg Nog Waffles
adapted from: http://cookiemonstercooking.com/2012/12/05/eggnog-waffles-with-cinnamon-whipped-cream/

1 3/4 cup flour
1 T baking powder
1 T sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 stick (8T) butter, melted (cool slightly)
1 3/4 cup egg nog
2 eggs
splash of rum extract

Mix all liquid ingredients together in a bowl.  Do the same for the dry.  Slowly pour the liquid into the dry.  Bake in your trusty waffle iron until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment