Background

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Pasta Gone Wild

Recently I was asked to make a salad for one of my dear husband's meetings.  I hear it was a hit! It smellled really good.

Pasta Salad with Extras
adapted from: http://catholiccuisine.blogspot.com/2008/08/feasting-for-assumption.html?m=0

Pasta
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
1/2 can black olives, cut into quarters
1 cup feta cheese (I used some of my husband's homemade cheese)
1 (16oz) medium shell pasta, cooked until al dente
(NOTE: next time I might toss in zucchini cubes)

Vinaigrette
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 t Italian Seasoning

In large bowl combine tomatoes, olives and cheese with pasta.  In a measuring cup combine all dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture.  Toss together.  Place in a resealable plastic container.  Refrigerate about 24hours. Toss again before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment