Background

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hearty Skillet Meal

A while back my sister shared this recipe with Mom and I. She had received the recipe from her mother in law. Great meal.  The boys thought the meat and noodles were great, but once they tasted the sauerkraut - it was a different story.  My husband and I really enjoyed this.

Sausage Sauerkraut Skillet (now say that 10x fast)
sister & her mother in law

12oz dry spaghetti noodles, cooked until al dente
3 T olive oil (I used part butter)
1 onion, chopped fine
1 bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 lb kielbasa sausage, coined
12oz sauerkraut (drained and rinsed--oops forgot to rince)
2T Dijon mustard
1/4 cup white wine

Saute onion and pepper in a large skillet with the oil.  Toss in kielbasa brown slightly then add garlic and sauerkraut.  Stir in Dijon and pasta.  Lastly add wine.  Cook until all the liquid is gone and heated throughout the dish.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment