Background

Monday, March 30, 2015

Creative Breakfast Deliciousness

I would have never thought of pairing tater tots and eggs for a breakfast twist on the classic casserole.  This recipe hit the spot.  I thought I would try it in the crockpot.  Started it at 9 the night before serving and cooked on LOW until about 7 the next morning when I turned it to WARM for the last 2 hours.  So good and so easy. Two things that are a win-win in my house.

Breakfast Tater Tot Bake
adapted from: http://www.chewoutloud.com/2015/01/27/cheesy-tater-tot-breakfast-bake/

1 lb sausage, cooked with 1/2 diced onion and crumbled
2 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
2 cups milk (I used 1/2 cup)
3 eggs (I used a dozen)
pepper/salt
2lbs tater tots

Mix together sausage with eggs, milk and seasonings.  Put in tater tots in the bottom of a well-greased 9x13pan. Put half cheese on top of tater tots; pour egg mixture over all. Bake at 350 for 35minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake another 10minutes.  Serve with salsa and sour cream.  Cool slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment