Background

Friday, December 26, 2014

One Proud Mama

I am always  a proud Mama when BAP and SSP eat what I give them instead of making a fuss.  I thought burgers sounded good; SSP asked for cheese hamburgers too.  Incidentally today is his Feast Day. Perfect!  My boys LOVED them. Even though I did not have buns, using tortillas was the perfect substitute for the boys. We have some leftovers, so my dear husband gets one tomorrow in his lunch.

Gourmet (Kid-Pleasing) Burgers

1 pkg ground turkey
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 1/2 t Italian seasoning
2 T ketchup
2 t Worcestershire sauce

Heat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl; knead together well.  Scoop and shape into 6 patties.  Melt some butter with bacon grease in a cast iron pan.  Brown 3 burgers at a time. Place on a parchment lined (lipped) cookie sheet.  Bake for 25-35minutes (until internal temperature registers 180).  Taking a tortilla place one slice of cheese on the bottom. Top with burger and another slice of cheese. Fold tortilla all around patty. Smoosh a little to melt. Enjoy by dipping in ketchup, bbq sauce or ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment