Background

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Throwback To "Olden" Days

Back in the day I used to occasionally splurge and buy something tasty at a nationwide coffee shop.  However I do not agree to their CEO's morale, so I cannot justify buying something (so outrageously) expensive.  (see this article)  Now I am bound and determined to make my own version at home.

Strawberry Milkshake
adapted from: http://chefinyou.com/2011/09/strawberries-creme-frappuccino/

1 (large-ish) handful strawberries, de-stemmed and chopped
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vanilla ice cream (I think chocolate chip would be extra fun)
ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender.  Process until thick and creamy. Top with whipped cream if desired.


Cranberry Bliss Bites
adapted from: http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/2014/01/craberry-bliss-granola-balls-no-bake.html#more

1 cup oats
1/4 cup sweetened coconut (I might just have to buy this even if I normally would not)
1/3 cup white chocolate chips (plus more)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup rice krispie
5 T brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 T honey
2 T melted butter
salt

Combine all ingredients.  Form into small balls.  Put on a parchment lined baking sheet. Melt additional white chocolate and drizzle over top.  Place in fridge until hardened...store there too for best taste (and longest lasting). I pressed into a greased 9x13pan. When hardened I cut into "bars".  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment