Background

Monday, February 24, 2014

Missing You Grandma and Grandpa!

My grandparents were German and Polish.  I like the study of geneology/ancestry.  I find it so fascinating.  Being German and Polish I enjoy re-creating what they may have grown up on as kids (something like this).  I found this recipe a week back; I decided to make it while we 'babysat' my husband's grandma so his parents could go out for a special Valentine's dinner. It was absolutely delicious; next time I will have to add more meat.

Roasted Kielbasa Supper
adapted from: http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=3533

2 pounds baby potatoes, quartered (I used Yukon gold potatoes and chopped up)
2 large onions, chopped to uniform size as potatoes
2 pounds kielbasa sausage, cut up (same size)
4 apples, cut up (same size)
olive oil (6 t, divided)
salt/pepper
dried thyme (@1/2t)
honey (1/8 cup)

Toss potatoes and onions in large bowl with 4 1/2 olive oil, salt/pepper and thyme.  Place in a large roasting pan (greased).  Bake at 425 for about 45minutes, until just getting brown and soft; stirring occasionally. Add apples and kielbasa with remaining oil and honey. Toss together.  Roast together for an additional 25minutes; stirring again.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment