Background

Friday, January 24, 2014

Garlic Bread Fix

With a good Italian meal I think it is necessary to have a good piece of garlic bread to mop any extra sauce. However since going to gluten free I have had yet to find one that I have enjoyed.  The other night the boys voted for spaghetti and meat sauce, instead of sloppy joes. I was thinking about how good garlic bread sounded...well I wanted some. Mmmm. I found this recipe; it was splendid. It did not really sop up extra sauce but it was good. It is very addictive. Husband and I could not get enough.

Garlic Bread (without the bread)
adapted from: http://whatsfordinner-momwhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2012/06/cheesy-garlic-cauliflower-bread-sticks.html

"Bread"
1 cup cooked & riced cauliflower (I steamed half of a bag of frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan
1 egg
1 T Italian seasoning

"Sauce"
2 T softened butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
additional cheese

Mix all bread ingredients in a bowl.  Press into a greased pan (about 9x13size).  Bake at 450 for 15-20minutes.
Mix all sauce ingredients in another bowl. Spread over hot crust.  Sprinkle with cheese. Bake just until cheese is melted and gooey.

This is also perfect for pizza crust....the boys don't even notice (they actually ate several pieces. I wrung out the excess water from the broccoli/cauliflower. (inspired by this recipe: http://www.handletheheat.com/2013/09/video-cauliflower-pizza-crust.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment