Background

Friday, October 11, 2013

Fallish Treat On A Wintry Day

The smells of fall are coming from my kitchen...the smells of pumpkin and spices.  Even though I really don't like pumpkin all that much, I thought I would surprise my hard working husband (who LOVES it incidently) with some pumpkin cookies.  I have heard that "a key to a man's heart is through his stomach;" even if that were not true I think he would just breathe them in if he had to do that.

Spiced Pumpkin-(Chocolate Covered) Raisin Cookies
adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/spiced-pumpkin-raisin-cookies-recipe/index.html

3 cups flour
2 cups oats
3 t cinnamon*
3/4 t allspice*
1 1/2 t salt (forgot)
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 cup applesauce, seasoned with cinnamon and spices *(you can substitute oil - just add cinnamon and allspice if you do)
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 cups (chocolate covered) raisins

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large mixing bowl combine applesauce/oil, pumpkin and vanilla.  Combine all the dry ingredients (except raisins) in another bowl.  Gradually add dry to wet; fold in raisins. Drop by heaping tablespoons on to parchment-lined cookie sheets.  Bake 17-20minutes.  Cool on racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment