Background

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Still Partying...

Even though it has been a year since we lost our little LP we still talk of her often.  BAP especially remembers her.  The other day at school his teacher asked him to fill out a graph with the members of his family (divided between girls and boys) - he did 3 boys and 2 girls.  I am very proud of him.  He just melts this mama's heart with his thoughtfulness.  Tonight we are celebrating with dear friends with a birthday cake too.  Though we don't know what LP's favorite meal is/was, I am making taco salads...with these I cannot go wrong.  Everyone just loves them.  I plan on surprising my husband and making them the way his mom made them growing up. (Funny note: as we were shopping for the Dorothy Lynch dressing, I asked my dear husband to help me look on the higher shelves - since I am tall-defecit - and he thought I was asking him to look for "dorky lunch" dressing.)

Mama P's Taco Salad
adapted from: http://www.dorothylynch.com/recipes/recipe/dorothy-lynch-beef-taco-salad

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 pkg taco seasoning or homemade
1 head iceberg lettuce (I bought a bag of the lettuce)
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes
1 can beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Dorothy Lynch dressing
4 oz tortilla chips (I remember her using a bag of cheese doritos)
3 cups shredded cheese

Cook ground beef with onion and pepper; simmer in the taco seasoning (as directed on package). Place in a large serving bowl along with all ingredients, except chips and cheese. Scoop meat mixture over chips and sprinkle with cheese (and other taco toppings).

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, you definitely can't go wrong with Taco Salad! =) Now I'm hungry. Glad to hear that BAP is as caring & thoughtful as his mama. Good work.

    ReplyDelete