Background

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Start Of Cold Weather

With the colder fallish weather upon us I have been more tn the mood for soups,stews and such.  The other night I made Cheeseburger Chowder.  I added diced up some carrots (about a cup worth) and added them instead of the celery.  Also instead of regular cheddar cheese, I used some smoked sharp cheddar.  Very tasty results.  I made some biscuits to help mop up the soup.  BAP loved the soup and was leary of the biscuits; it was the reverse with SSP.  

Drop Biscuits (in a muffin tin)

2 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk
1 t dried minced chives (my addition)

Place flour, baking powder, salt and chives in food processor.  Cut in the shortening.  Add milk until just moistened.  Drop by 1/4cup-fuls in a greased muffin tin.  Bake at 450 for about 12-15minutes. Serve hot with butter (if you have it; I am out) and soup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment