Background

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yumminess Before Summer Ends / School Starts

I cannot believe where the time has gone.  BAP will be starting school soon (as in 8 days!). He is so excited.  I am excited with him but a little nervous too. Change from the routine is hard but we will make it.  When school starts, the summer fun comes to an end.  I thought I would make him a yummy dessert.  Though I don't have the ingredients today to make this I hope to get them sometime within the next couple days.

Easy Key Lime Pie
adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/quick-fix-meals-with-robin-miller/frozen-key-lime-pie-recipe/index.html

1 (8oz) container cool whip, thawed
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (I have used lemon - it works well)
lemon/lime zest
graham cracker crust

Combine together whipped topping, condensed milk and juice; mix until smooth.  Spoon mixture into a prepared graham cracker crust.  Place in freezer (about 25minutes) until firmed up.  Serve with additional cool whip, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment