Background

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ingenious Deliciousness

A few weeks back I was stumped on what to make for dinner.  Ground beef...but how?!  I searched for recipe ideas.  Nothing really jumped out.  I tried again a couple hours later.  This time I found a recipe for sloppy joes.  Yum! (why did I not think of that before)  This recipe was perfect because it used up some ingredients that I have been loitering in my fridge.

Biscuits & Gravy (Sloppy Joe style)
adapted from: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/biscuits-and-sloppy-joe-casserole/7f954c28-9b0d-402f-9032-8aed4f5e940b

1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped celery (omitted)
1/4 cup chopped onion (used 1 T onion powder instead)
1 T minced garlic (my addition)
2 cups Roasted red pepper soup
2 T Dijon mustard
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 cup grated cheese
1 can refridgerated biscuits (flatten slightly)

Brown beef with onion, celery and garlic.  Drain off fat.  Return to pan and stir in remaining ingredients (except biscuits and cheese). Let simmer slightly.  While simmer preheat oven to 375.  Place half the biscuits on the bottom of a greased 8x8pan.  Top with meat mixture.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Top with remaining biscuits. Bake 25minutes.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment