Background

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's So Easy (A Monkey Could Do It)

My boys (including my awesome husband) LOVE spaghetti. Recently I heard that you can make it in the crockpot. I thought I would try it now (as a test run) to see if it actually works, so when I am busy I can just do it.  This garlic bread recipe is so easy too.

Easy-Does-It Spaghetti
adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-does-it-spaghetti

2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
1 46oz can tomato juice (ie V8) - I used 2 pop-can size cans
1 15oz can tomato sauce - I used 1 26oz can Hunts pasta sauce
2 T dried onion (I used 1/2 cup diced onion)
1 T minced garlic
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder - my addition
2 T Italian seasoning - ditto
1 pkg (7oz) spaghetti, broken up

Brown ground beef with onion and minced garlic. Rinse and drain.  Add remaining ingredients, except pasta.  Place in crockpot.  Cook on HIGH 4-5hours.  Stir in spaghetti.  Cook another hour (I had to add about 2cups of water so it did not clump together into one solid mass of noodles).  Top with Parmesan.  Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
NOTE: The original recipe has some weird ingredients.  I did not want to destroy dinner for the little boys, with different flavors so I just made the sauce as I normally do.

Mini Garlic Breads
adapted from: http://realmomkitchen.com/8750/mini-garlic-monkey-breads/

1 (16oz) can biscuits - 8 biscuits
4 T butter, melted
2 T olive oil
1 T garlic, minced
1 1/2 T Italian seasoning
1/2 cup cheese (pizza blend is awesome)

Place butter, oil, garlic and Italian seasoning in a microwave proof bowl.  Microwave until melted; stir.  Cut biscuits into quarters (roll each into balls).  Grease a 12-cup muffin tin well. Place 1/2-1 t melted butter/oil mixture in the bottom of each muffin well.  Place 1 T cheese on top.  Dip dough balls into butter mixture.  Place 3 balls in 8 each of the muffin wells; 2 in the other 4.  Top with additional cheese.  Bake at 400 for about 12-14minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment