Background

Thursday, May 9, 2013

When Mom Gives Me Lemons...

I make Lemon Shrimp.  MMM...it was so good.  If you like lemon with your crustaceans, you will love this dish.  I don't think you would should eat the lemons but if you want to - go for it (as my dear husband did).  I served this over hot steamed rice, a salad with a light vinaigrette and homemade bread.

Lemon Butter Shrimp
adapted from: http://joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2012/07/easy-peasy-lemon-squeezyshrimp.html

3 lemons, thinly sliced
1 pound tail-off UNcooked shrimp
12oz bay scallops (my addition)
1/2 cup melted butter (used 3/4 cup, since I added the extra seafood)
1 pkg Italian dressing mix (the dry stuff)

Preheat oven to 400. Place in a large roasting pan.  Place seafood in pan.  Drizzle with butter.  Sprinkle with dressing mix; top with lemon slices.  Bake uncovered 15-20minutes (until shrimp is pink).  (NOTE: I covered the pan, since I did not want it to dry out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment