Background

Friday, May 3, 2013

What They Don't Know Won't Hurt

Recently I bought some beautiful frozen tilapia fillets.  This fish is so easy to prepare.  The boys love it when I disguise it.  I am convinced that when I made this dish on Friday they were thinking it was chicken.  However I did mention that it was fish and they did not complain.  I appreciated that they inhaled their dinner with barely a peep uttering from their lips.

Red Pepper & Parmesan Tilapia

2 eggs
1/4 cup half-n-half
2 1/2 cups crushed croutons (I found some white cheddar cheese ones)
1 t red pepper flakes
4 tilapia fillets

1 (16oz) can tomato sauce
2 t Italian Seasoning
12oz cooked pasta (I used these egg noodles)

Bring a pot of water to a boil.  Meanwhile, in a bowl combine eggs and half-n-half.  Whisk well.  Set aside.  In your blender crush together red pepper flakes until coarse crumbs.  (This can also be easily done in a zip bag and crunched with a rolling pin or meat mallet.)  Place in a bowl.  Grease a 9x13pan.  Dip fish in egg mixture then crumbs coating well.  Place in pan. Repeat with all fish.  Mist lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 15-20minutes.  While fish is cooking cook pasta (if you use the pasta I did-it takes 25minutes to cook).  Drain pasta.  Return pasta to pot; pour in the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.  Serve fish over top pasta.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.  Serve with steamed veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment