Background

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Breakfast (Is Served) Via Cups

As you may have noticed, I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen.  I love trying new recipes or tweaking old ones to make them with my own twist.  I found perfect (almost) bite size recipes for this special weekend.  I thought I would make life easier on myself for this last weekend...just prepping my meal ahead of time, so all I have to do on Sunday for breakfast is heat and serve.

Hashbrown Muffins
adapted from: http://thevillagecook.com/hash-brown-muffins/

32oz shredded hashbrowns (I used 1-32oz bag frozen shredded ones that I thawed and drained)
8 eggs
12oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup milk
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
2 T onion, diced UBER fine
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease 2-standard size muffin tins.  In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings.  Add hashbrowns and onions.  Stir in bacon bits.  Add (a smidge under) 1/3 cup mixture to each cup.   Top evenly with cheese.  Bake for about 20-25minutes until slightly golden.   Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce (salsa and sriracha are our favorites) or ketchup.

Baked French Toast Muffins
adapted from: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/baked-french-toast-muffins/#more-14448

Bread
1 loaf French bread, cubed into 1/2 inch cubes=12 cups bread (I used some of this bread  instead)
2 1/2 cups milk
6 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 T vanilla
1 t cinnamon

Topping
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour (or oats)
1/8 cinnamon
salt

In a bowl whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.  Add 1 cup cubed bread to 12 greased muffin cups.  Slowly pour milk mixture over top (pressing down if necessary).  Cover and chill at least 2 hours.  Preheat oven to 350. Make streusel combined butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt just until crumbly.  Remove bread from the fridge.  Top evenly with streusel topping.  Bake 25minutes until golden.  Cool 5-7minutes before removing from pan.  Serve with butter and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment