Background

Monday, April 29, 2013

Chewy Deliciousness

Chewy cookies are a BIG hit around here.  We all love chewy cookies. Yesterday I was looking for a 'healthy' cookie.  I found a recipe I had to try.  I love the combination of oatmeal and raisins (with chocolate chips).  It was the perfect combination of the three.  I doubled the recipe and added 3/4 cup chocolate chips.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1/2 cup butter softened (I used 1/2 shortening)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 t baking soda
3/4 t apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
dash of nutmeg (omitted)
1/4 t salt (omitted since I used salted butter)
1 1/2 cups oats
3/4 cups raisins (soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, save liquid)

Preheat oven to 350.  
Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  In another bowl combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.  Combine into butter mixture.  Stir in oatmeal and raisins (with water).  Thoroughly blend.  Drop by teaspoonfuls on to a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake about 15minutes.  Cool completely.  Place in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment