Background

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BBQ Flavors Without Hassle

I love anything BBQ flavored - chips, burgers, etc.  My most recent favorite is pizza.  Yes, pizza!  This recipe has been on my top of my 'to try' list and just now (finally) had a chance to make it.  Now it tops my repeat this recipe.  It was just that good.  (My repeats are all posted here so I don't need to continually try and figure out, 'where can I find that dang recipe when I want it.' Hope you enjoy.
NOTE: First I made the crockpot chicken from Six Sisters Stuff.  Then the dough posted on The Pioneer Woman. Lastly I topped it with smokey Gouda cheese and red onion, as suggested from All Recipes.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BBQ-Chicken-Pizza-I/Detail.aspx
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/crock-pot-hawaiian-bbq-chicken.html
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/03/cpks-bbq-chicken-pizza/

Chicken Topping
3 frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts
12oz favorite BBQ sauce (there should be some left in the jar-save it, you will need it)
1/2 cup water/pineapple juice
1 can pineapple, juice drained
Place all ingredients in a greased crockpot.  Cook on LOW 4-6hours (or HIGH 2-3).  Shred chicken.

Crust
1 t yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cups flour
In a mixing bowl add yeast and water.  Add half the flour, all of the oil and then lastly remaining flour.  Add more water if necessary.  Place in a greased bowl.  Refrigerate until ready to use (remove dough from fridge an hour a before baking to give it time to rise).

Assembly
Spread out 1/2 the dough on greased cookie sheet.  Should be pretty thin.  Spread with extra bbq sauce.  Top with chicken, pineapple and diced red onion.  Top with shredded smoked Gouda cheese.  Bake at 375 for 15-17minutes until golden brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment