Background

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Snow White & Rose Red

Today is my littlest sister's birthday.  When she was really little, she loved everything and anything girl.  Anything pink.  These bars remind me of her and her so-long ago love for anything pink!  Great snack for an afternoon tea party (or girlie birthday party)!

White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bars
greatly adapted from: http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/273/raspberry-white-chocolate-bars

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups butter, softened (do NOT melt as I accidently did)
2 t vanilla
1/2 t almond extract (my addition)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs (oops, forgot those since I melted that butter)
1 cup raspberry jam
1 cup vanilla (white) chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13pan. In a large bowl combine butter with sugar,vanilla and almond extract.  Slowly add flour until crumbly.  Remove 1 cup crumbs.  Add eggs to remaining mixture.  Spread in pan.  Bake for about 30 minutes. (I pricked all over with a fork first).  Remove from oven. Spread with jam.  Sprinkle chips all over and dot with remaining crumbs. Bake another 25minutes until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment