Background

Friday, March 15, 2013

Blustery Day (In A 100 Acre Wood) Sort Of Way

Today has been very windy.  While windy it is still quite warm for this time of year (45-50degrees).  This morning I woke up thinking about how good soup sounded.  I have been wanting to make corn chowder for awhile.  Here was my possibly my last chance.

Corn & Green Chile Chowder
adapted from: http://prudencepennywise.blogsfor pot.com/2010/01/corn-and-green-chile-chowder-in-crock.html

5 cups chicken broth (I used veggie)
3 T flour
1 T butter
3 cups corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
1 (7oz) can diced green chilies (I used 2-4oz)
3 medium potatoes (I had 7 ubber small Yukons), peeled and diced
1 large onion, minced
1 (heaping) t cumin powder
sprinkle of cayenne (I used chili powder)
1 (14oz) can creamed corn
1 cup 1/2-n-1/2

In a crockpot whisk together flour and broth until smooth.  Dump in all remaining ingredients in crockpot (except for creamed corn and 1/2-n-1/2).  Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.  Add creamed corn and 1/2-n-1/2 and cook until just warmed thoroughly (15minutes on HIGH or 30minutes on LOW).  Serve this soup with cheese quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment