Background

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Two Hours 'Til Dinner...& Tummies Are Growling

Have you ever had one of those days when you just did not know what you are going to make for dinner?  Last night I knew that I wanted something that the munchkins would enjoy, as well as something that we adults would enjoy too.  Cooking can sometimes be tough when you have little ones who like to be picky eaters?  Mac and cheese (I had thought) was out of the question since I did not have any of the electric orange and blue boxes (ie Kraft brand) in my pantry.  I just happened to glance over my blog roll for quick idea.  However the subject for dinner was as close as my crock pot.

Creamy Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese
adapted from: http://penniesonaplatter.com/2013/01/09/creamy-crock-pot-macaroni-and-cheese/

1 t salt (omitted)
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t dry mustard powder
2 cups milk
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk (I just added 1 1/2cups more milk)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups DRY (uncooked) macaroni elbows (used a different fun shape)
8oz block shredded cheese (do not use the pre-shredded bagged types)

Combine seasonings, milk and sour cream.  Pour into a greased crock pot.  Add pasta and cheese. Stir to combine.  Cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (stirring occasionally).

No comments:

Post a Comment