Background

Friday, January 4, 2013

Think I Found The Trick

Growing up I remember eating tuna melts.  These sandwiches were especially good when Mom made them...I have never been able to get the proportions right (so they taste like home).  However these sandwiches hit the nail on the head (at least pretty darn close).  The balsamic vinegar sounds weird in these sandwiches. However it made them over the top good. Before I never could get these delectable sandwiches right. Now I found a great recipe and will never go back (I will most likely use this as the filling for my cold tuna sandwiches too).

Simple Tuna Melt
adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-tuna-melt/

1 (6oz) can tuna, drained and flaked (I only had a 7oz can from Costco)
2 T mayonnaise
pinch of salt
1 t balsamic vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
2 slice whole wheat bread
2 t chopped dill pickle
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (used a little less)

Preheat oven to 375.  Toast the bread on a pan as oven preheats.  In a bowl combine the rest of the ingredients minus the cheese.  Top one slice of toasted bread with tuna mixture.  Top other slice with shredded cheese.  Return to oven just until cheese is melty and goo-y.  Place cheese bread on top of tuna smothered bread.  Place on plate; cut in half; serve.   mmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment