Background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

No Yeast...What?!...How Does That Work

Today being the Solemnity of the Feast of the Epiphany I thought I would make something extra special for breakfast.  I knew that I did not have enough time (unless I wanted the boys cranky) to make my usual cinnamon rolls.  I made these instead.  They were just as good when something quick and simple was needed on the spur of the moment.

Cinnamon Roll Biscuits
adapted from: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/09/05/cinnamon-roll-biscuits/

Biscuits
2 cups flour
2 t sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream (I did not have quite enough so I just used 2% milk to make up the difference)

Filling
1 T unsalted butter, melted
2 T brown sugar
2 t cinnamon

Icing (omitted)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 T milk

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix together all biscuit ingredients together in a large bowl (adding more flour/milk if needed).  Roll out (I just patted it out) into a 9x12 inch rectangle.  Spread with filling ingredients: butter, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.  Roll up.  Slice into 12 rolls (original recipe says 8).  Place on a greased cookies sheet.  Bake for about 25 minutes.  Whisk together icing ingredients, drizzle over top and serve.  Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment