Background

Monday, January 7, 2013

Mom, Can You Make This Every Day?

Lately I have been on an 'easy to fix' kick.  I really don't want to spend hours upon hours in the kitchen.  Tonight I thought I would experiment with dinner.  Boy, the boy LOVED this meal.  BAP even asked if we could eat this everyday.  Usually when he says that I offer him leftovers (if there are any) for lunch and he immediately tells me no thank you and that he did not like it when we ate it. (mixed messages from a 4 y ear old-bad news).  Tonight I just threw some ingredients together and hoped it worked for dinner.  As I said the boys thoroughly enjoyed this meal (2nd helpings and all). I think next time I make it I will add the addition of garlic buttered-Texas toast.  I loved that this recipe has the veggies mixed in.  BAP was a little leary about that but he actually did not mind when he ate it.

Angel Pasta (aka Chicken Alfredo)

1/2 pound thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
1 16oz jar Alfredo sauce, divided
1/2 cup milk
1 10oz can chicken breasts, drained
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (I love garlic flavor, if you do not as much lessen or mince smaller)
1 T butter
1 t bacon dripping
1 1/2 t Italian Dressing mix (used this recipe)
2 1/2 cups broccoli, cooked and diced into small pieces

Cook pasta.  Meanwhile saute garlic in butter and bacon drippings.  Add about 3/4 of the jar of Alfredo sauce.  Stir in Italian dressing.  Simmer for about 5-7minutes.  Pour milk into jar; return lid and shake vigorously.  Pour this 'sauce' into warm sauce.  Stir in chicken; heat thorough.  In a large bowl placed cooked pasta and broccoli.  Stir in sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment