Background

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Love Of The Skillet Part 4

With husband traveling much, I often ask BAP what he has in mind for dinner.  Last night was no exception. Around 430 I asked him what he would like. He immediately said that he really really wanted lasagna.  hmm. Sounds delicious but I did not have enough time for that one ... or so I thought.  I looked through my cookbooks and I immediately found one that took less than an hour.  Score.  BAP was so tickled.  I loved that it was quick and easy with very little clean up involved.

Skillet Lasagana
adapted from: 29 Minutes To Dinner

1 jar (24 oz) favorite marinara sauce
3 cups water
8 oz lasagna noodles broken (I just used small radiator shapes)
1lb Italian sausage
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 t Italian seasoning
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
2 oz Parmesan, grated
1 cup ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese and just smoothed it out in the blender)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Brown sausage along with Italian seasoning and garlic and onion powders in a large deep skillet.  Pour marinara sauce and water over top. Stir in garlic cloves.  Bring to a slight boil.  Add pasta.  Cover and let simmer for about 15 -20 minutes until pasta is at desired softness.  Stir occasionally so nothing sticks to pan..
Combine cheeses in a bowl.  Drop by spoonfuls into pasta mixture. Cover and let it ooze.  Simmer about 7 minutes more.  Top with additional mozzarella if desired.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment