Background

Monday, October 1, 2012

Taste Of The Orient

Chinese food is a comfort food with me...it just reminds me of my grandparents. How I wish that they could meet the boys?! (BAP met great-grandma but she was gone before he would have a chance to remember).  I miss them and think of them often.  They must be in Heaven playing with our 3 little angels.  Anyways.  The other day I grilled a chicken breast half with this yummy seasoning (Sweet Ginger Garlic).  It tastes great.  Ginger normally is very over powering but in this seasoning it is just perfect.  Today at lunch I had the chance (FINALLY!) of eating that piece of chicken. I sliced it and placed on bed of baby spinach leaves and topped it off with a delicious and mouth-watering salad dressing.  I want to share the delicious salad dressing.  You might not return to ranch dressing after having this on any salad (maybe still the french fries but otherwise...). Hope you determine the same thing I did.

Sesame Ginger Dressing
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/recipes/r-penzeysSesameGingerDressing.html

1/2 cup vegetable (canola) oil
1/4 cup vinegar (I used plain rice vinegar)
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 t sesame oil
1/2 t ginger powdered
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t black pepper

Shake vigorously in a pint-sized jar.  Do NOT chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment