Background

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ingenious Idea...Why Did I Not Think Of That

I found this recipe and I thought what a wonderful idea.  I just HAD to try it out for testing purposes.  It was just as delicious as it looked. What an indulgent snack especially after the little guys went to bed. :D Yes I am mean not giving them dessert - they had skipped their naps.

Brownies in a Mug
http://catholiccookiejar.blogspot.com/2012/09/brownies-in-mug.html

1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 T cocoa powder
pinch of salt
2 T oil (I used mild olive oil...and it did NOT impart any funny flavors)
3 T water

Grease a microwave safe mug. Dump all ingredients in. Stir until smooth and not very lumpy. Microwave for 50sec-1minute40sec. I microwaved mine closer to 1min15sec just so it was gooey still and hot. The authoress of the link did hers for 50 - must for a really gooey brownie.  Top with ice cream and chocolate chips. I used vanilla ice cream, craisins and white chocolate chips...mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment