Background

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Little Bit Corny

For Father's Day, we celebrated hard core.  First of all, on Saturday we celebrated with my father-in-law and hubby.  Then on Sunday we celebrated with my dear father and hubby.  It was so much fun.  I think the guys enjoyed their time too.  For Saturday I thought I would test out a barbecued salad...sounds a little corny.  However it was AWESOME.

Charred Corn & Bean Salad (I doubled the recipe - note for doubling under beans, otherwise normal doubling procedures apply)
slightly adapted from: Good Housekeeping grilling: More than 275 Perfect Year-Round Recipes

3 medium ears of corn, husked and silk removed
1 small red onion, cut into 4 slices
1 can (15-19oz) pinto or small pink beans, rinsed and drained (when I made, I used a can of pinquito beans, drained and another 1/2 drained)
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (omitted)
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
3 T lime juice (just used lemon)
1 T oil (omitted because of bean juice)
3/4 t salt
1/4 t black pepper

Grill corn until slightly blackened on all sides.  Do the same with the onion (flipping once). Cool veggies.  Then chop up.  Place remaining ingredients along with cooled veggies.  Chill for at 6 hours (recipe says up to 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment