Background

Monday, April 2, 2012

Slow & Easy

If you like quick and easy meals, I have just the meal for you. I have been dying to make French Dip Sandwiches. Last week I suddenly had a brain-genius moment (if you want to call it that). I thought I would try making it tonight. It worked out so well. We all loved it. (My Mom always made French Dip Sandwiches for Holy Thursday's night meal; I was worried I would have leftovers. Even though we love leftovers, Good Friday is a Day of Fasting and Abstinence.).

French Dip (Made Easy)

1 pound thin deli-sliced roast beef
1 (32oz) French onion soup jug (it is usually where the broth is)
1 large onion, sliced
4 hoagie rolls

Add meat and soup to greased crockpot. Put on low for 4 hours (shorter would work too). Add onion slices. Cook another hour. Add meat/onion mixture evenly to rolls. Add liquid to smaller bowls for dipping sauce. Enjoy with french fries or other potato side.

No comments:

Post a Comment