Background

Monday, March 5, 2012

Creative Creamy Chicken

I love experimenting in the kitchen; testing what I know tastes good, and then putting my touches on it. Last night for dinner we had my in-laws over for dinner (there was a total of 10 of us here). Busy but very fun night (complete with a riotous game of Mouse Trap - BAP gave it to me for Christmas; he loves it). About 530 I peaked in the fridge to see what I could muster up for dinner. I knew I wanted chicken but how. Hmm. There was some cream cheese I had to use sometime soon before it turned into a growing science experiment (not even close to that stage yet, thank goodness). Okay, off to experiment and hope it worked.

Creamy Chicken Bundles

Filling
1 1/2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1 T (heaping) minced garlic
1/2 t Italian seasoning
Mash with fork until well blended and very soft.

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (sliced in half lengthwise-as if opening a dinner roll to butter)

Plain white flour

Adhering 'glue'
3 eggs
2T milk
Combine together

Topping
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1 t garlic powder
1 t Italian seasoning
Combine well.

Spread about 1 oz cream cheese in the middle of chicken breast. Roll up; secure with toothpicks (don't squeeze too hard otherwise filling will ooze out. Coat in flour. Dip in egg mixture; lastly in crumbs. Place on well greased foil-lined cookie sheet. Repeat with all the chicken breasts. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Filling will ooze a bit; that is okay. Serve with steamed lemon-pepper broccoli and garlic bread.

1 comment: