Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Since the Christmas Season is still in full force, I better post a couple more Christmas Cookie recipes. (Or am I just ahead of the game for next Season?!) I made these cookies; everyone loved them who tried one (I never had the chance, but I am taking their word since they are all gone). BAP wants to make the pink cookies again. I am not sure if he is referring to these or just sugar cookies with good frosting. Either way, hopefully I will get a chance to make cookies with again soon.

Chocolate Thumbprints

Cookie
2 oz unsweetened chocolate (I used Almond bark), melted and cooled (not until hard)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
1 egg
2 1/2 cup flour

Filling
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 T milk
1/2 t vanilla
2-3 drops red food coloring
1/2 cup crushed candy canes or starlight mints

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, salt, chocolate and egg. Mix thoroughly. Add flour. Combine well. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 375. Shape dough into small rounds. Place on greased cookie sheets. Dimple (with thimble or small measuring spoon). Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on rack. If dimple shrunk during baking IMMEDIATELY on removing from oven, dimple again.

Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add milk, vanilla and food coloring. Should be thick and creamy. Place 1/2 t filling in each cookie dimple (after cookies are cooled). Sprinkle with crushed candy pieces. Let set up in fridge or outside on deck as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment