Background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice. My husband's favorite cookie (unless it has changed within the last 7 years) is a Snickerdoodle. He loves them soft, chewy and just plain cinnamon-sugary. I was confused the first time since he called them sugar cookies, which were rolled in sugar and not cut out. Hmm...I was perplexed but I finally figured out and I am glad that I did. My grandma made them too and I just loved them. I cannot wait to make them again this season. I love it when they are a little crisp too. This recipe is the perfect combination.

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 t cream of tartar
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

1/4 cup sugar
2 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat just until mixed. Add flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes. Cool 2-4 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store tightly sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment