Background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tart, Orangey & Great


For Thanksgiving, I was asked to bring some food. I love helping in any way I can to make the host/hostess' job lighter. I jumped at the idea of being able to make homemade cranberry sauce. I love the tartness and the redness of the berries; looks so very appetizing to that tongue-tingling turkey with stuffing. MMM...

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries (I had about 15 oz frozen); so I added about 5 more oz of dried cranberries
3/4 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup orange marmalade
3 T white sugar

Place cranberries, water, cinnamon sticks and marmalade. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer and 5 - 7 minutes until cranberries pop...stir often.  Add sugar if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment