Background

Monday, October 24, 2011

Warm & Toasty On A Blustery Day

Since it has been cold (fall/winter is definitely in the air!), a couple days ago I decided I was going to make chili the next night. I love planning the night before what I going to make. (I try and plan a week out but sometimes with 2 little ones, it is hard even to plan for that night). However we were having company the next day so I thought I better plan ahead. Once upon a time, I had an awesome white bean chili with chicken (it was to die for). Though I could not find a recipe similar, I found an even better one.

White Chicken Chili

3 (14.5 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (if you have dried, follow these instructions for soaking them)
1 T canola oil
1 jalapeno, chopped (or about 10-15 rings) = 1/8 cup chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 T ground cumin
1 1/2 t ground coriander
1 t chili powder
4 - 5 cups chicken broth
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded

Saute jalapeno, and onion in saute pan. Once soft add spices; stir aound until fragrant (not burnt). Scoop into greased crockpot on top of beans. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours (longer the better, adding more water/broth as needed to keep everything just covered.)



No comments:

Post a Comment