Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mix, Stop and Drop

Last night I made some biscuits to go along with our dinner. Oh they were so good. If I would have followed the recipe exactly (i.e. adding the cheese, I am sure they would have been even better). However we are cutting back on buying cheese; it is so blasted expensive. It is hard especially when we all LOVE it so much.
Biscuits


1 cup buttermilk (or 1 T white vinegar plus regular milk up to 1 cup line)
1/3 cup shortening
1 t sugar
1/2 t salt
2 1/2 t baking powder
2 cups flour

Mix dry ingredients together. Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter (I used my potato masher since I cannot find my pastry cutter since BAP and SSP recently decided re-organizing Mommy's cupboards is a good idea). Mix in milk just until moistened. Drop by large spoonfuls on to greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment