Background

Friday, July 1, 2011

A New Twist on the Classic Burger

If you love beans (especially black ones like we do), you will enjoy this recipe. I recently tried a black bean burger from Costco I just LOVED it. I thought I would try and replicate the recipe without have to go out and buy them. Cheaper in the longer run. I also was inspired by the black bean burger recipe on http://annies-eats.net/2011/06/22/black-bean-burgers/. Her food looks so awe-mazing. I really want to try all of her recipes.

Black Bean Burgers

1 1/2 cans (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained (I used the black beans with jalepenos)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t ground coriander
pinch of chipolte powder (if desired)
1 egg, beaten
4 slices Havarti cheese
4 hamburger buns (I use Sandwich thins)
lettuce, mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc

Puree all but about 1/2 cup of beans until smooth. Move to another bowl. Add remaining ingredients (including remaining beans), by gently folding. Refridgerate for at least an hour in plastic wrap covered bowl to meld flavors. Lightly grease frying pan with cooking spray. Put 1/3 cup measure of mixture, per burger. Sizzle until lightly browned on either side. Top with cheese and make your burger as you like.

Makes 4 burgers (dare you to eat just one)


No comments:

Post a Comment