Background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Let the Good Ol' Times Roll...

Last night I thought I would venture out and make sloppy joes. The last time I remember making these was when I was in High School (at least 10 years...I think I am dating myself here). I combined a couple recipes from Taste of Home (http://www.tasteofhome.com) If you want the original recipes. Check out these links:

They actually turned out better than I expected. Sorry I forgot to take some pictures.

Sloppy Joes

1 pound ground beef (I used elk as that is the red meat we have here)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
2 t chili powder
1/4 t onion salt
1/4 t garlic powder
4 hamburger buns/hoagie rolls
grated cheese

Brown meat with onion on medium heat. After browned, add the rest of the ingredients. Boil. Reduce to a simmer (covered) for about 25minutes until liquid is reduced. Serve over rolls that have been toasted in oven. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment