Background

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tea Parties

Growing up, my sister and I had the occasional tea party (even if all our brothers were included in the fun).  The other day I had the honor of watching my nieces and we had a tea party at Oma's house.  So much fun.  I made these first thing in the morning (as BAP got ready for school), so we were ready for our party at 930am.  They are so delicious...so hard to eat just one.

Cinnamon Chip Scones
adapted from: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/amazing-cinnamon-chip-scones-best-basic-scone-recipe/

3 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
3/4 cup COLD butter, cubed
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 t almond extract (my addition)
3/4 cup cinnamon chips (the mini ones)
2 T butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar

Warm the oven to 400. In a food processor, cut butter into flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly pour in milk, vanilla and almond.  Remove to a lightly floured surface and fold in cinnamon chips.  Roll out and cut into scone shapes.  (Since our tea party was with the nieces, I used a donut holer). Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (This made about 28 small cakes). Brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake about 15-20minutes until lightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment