Background

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Five Easy Ingredients

My boys, husband and I really enjoy granola. It is great on top of yogurt, as cereal or snack or just anything else you can imagine. Recently I found this recipe and it just required 5 simple every day ingredients (plus a few add-ins as we desired).

Easy Peasy Granola Recipe
adapted from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/homemade-granola-only-5-ingredients/

6 cups oats (I used a combo of quick cooking and regular)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil (I melted coconut oil)
1/3 cup honey
2 t vanilla

Combine oats and brown sugar. Melt together oil, honey and vanilla.  Pour over oats and sugar. Spread out on 2 parchment lined cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 for 30minutes....stirring occassionally. At 5minutes until it was time up I topped with 1 cup coconut (just to lightly toast it). Cook remaining 5minutes.  Remove from oven and stir in 1 cup craisins and 1 cup raisins. Cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment