Background

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tricked Them Again!

I successfully did it again.  I tricked the boys into eating something healthy for them.  Even though this recipe is not meatless, I am sure that you could add a can of beans in place of the meat and it would taste just as good.  BAP, SSP and my husband had their "sloppy" over burger and/or hot dog buns.  I just used chips and used it as a dip for me.  Perfecto!

BBQ Lentil Sloppy Joes
adapted from: http://www.thereciperebel.com/sc-beef-lentil-bbq-sloppy-joes/

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small zucchini shredded (or carrot), omit if desired
3/4 cup split lentils, dry
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup ketchup
1 t salt (I used 1/2 t Seasoned salt)
4 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 t (heaping) minced garlic
2 T Worchestershire sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
red pepper flakes, optional

Add all ingredients to a greased crockpot pot.  Stir.  Cover and cook on LOW for 8hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment