Background

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Shredded Goodness

I know I have said it before.  My husband LOVES LOVES pork.  I made this recipe. Great for an all day project. I served it with chips, black beans and chips.  (aka pork nachos). Super good.

Mojo Shredded Pork
adapted from: http://iowagirleats.com/2015/06/08/crock-pot-mojo-pork-with-cuban-style-black-beans/

4lb boneless pork butt (I had pork roast with bone)
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 large onion, chunked
1 jalapeno, sliced in half (I used 7 jalapeno slices)
1 head garlic, cloves (peeled and separated)
1 1/2 t salt
1 t oregano
1/2 t pepper
1 t cumin
1/2 t paprika
2 bay leaves

Place pork in the crockpot. Dump the rest on top of it. Cook on HIGH 3hours then LOW for 8hours. Shred meat (remove bone if necessary). Mush the garlic as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment