Background

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Tastes Like The Real Thing

I am always looking for easy meals, that can fill picky tummies.  This recipe was my recent "ticket". The boys scarfed it down, as if I had not fed them in ( dare I say it, 4) hours.

Chicken Pot Pie (in disguise)
adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-tater-bake

1 1/2 cups cubed chicken
1/2 (16oz) frozen veggies (I used one with peas, carrots, corn, and beans)
16 oz Tater Tots
2 cups cheese, shredded
2 T butter and 1 1/2 cups milk, mixed with cornstarch to make a thick roux

Grease a small casserole dish. Mix chicken and veggies together. Layer with 1/2 the tater tots on the bottom. Top with ALL the chicken-veggie mixture, half the cheese and the last layer of tots. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of baking, remove the cover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Let it get gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment