Background

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sweet & Tasty

Today is my dear sister in law's birthday.  For St Patrick's Day this year I made one of her delicious recipes.  The boys loved it; especially my bread-aholic son SSP. He loves just butter sandwiches. Crazy kid! I think he would live on bread and butter if I let him.

Sweet Irish Bread
adpated from: http://beautifulmess46.blogspot.com/2013/03/sweet-irish-morning-bread.html

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
2 cups flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 t cream of tartar
1 cup raisins, softened in 1/4 cup water with a splash of lemon extract (I microwaved these ingredients together for a few seconds)

In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar.  Stir in eggs and sour cream.  In another bowl/measuring cup, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.  Slowly add to wet ingredients.  Stir/fold in raisins. Pour in a well-greased 9x5inch bread pan.  Bake at 350 for an hour. This bread smells wonderful as it bakes. Serve warm with a slather of butter or without (whatever suits your fancy).

No comments:

Post a Comment