Background

Monday, November 17, 2014

Homemade Food Goodness

Tater tots are so comforting...I am not sure what it is if it is the pillowy-ness of fluffy potatoes or what.  However I love them....even as a bed for taco salads when chips are not readily available. These recipes are delicious. I hope I can make a whole bunch one day and freeze so I have them readily available when I "need" them.

Homemade Tater Tots
adapted from: http://dontmesswithmama.com/gluten-free-homemade-tater-tots/

4 Russet potatoes, peeled and diced (I used Yukons)
1/2 yellow onion, diced small (omitted)
3  garlic cloves, chopped (omitted)
3 T shortening
1/2-3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 1/2 T cornstarch
salt/pepper/paprika (I used a combination of salt/pepper/onion/garlic powders)

Place potatoes in a pot. Cover with water. Boil until just tender. Drain. Place potatoes in a bowl; add other ingredients.  Cut together with a pastry cutter.  Using a greased cookie scoop, drop on to a Parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 400 for about 25minutes or until golden brown.

Sweet Potato Tots
adapted from: http://www.supergluemom.com/sweet-potato-tater-tots-recipe/

3 cups cubed sweet potatoes
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
salt

Place cubed sweet potatoes in a pot. Cover with water; boil until just tender. Drain. Place potatoes in a food processor with other ingredients. Whirr together. Using a greased cookie scoop, drop on to a Parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for about 15minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment