Background

Thursday, May 29, 2014

In Memoriam

Often times when my dear husband and I were dating, we would have biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Saturday mornings (I would stop by a local bakery on the way to his place).  I started enjoying this simple comfort food in college; he has loved it since he first had it (not sure when that was). I thought I would surprise him and make some for breakfast recently.  However I had to find the perfect biscuit recipe that was gluten free. This recipe was not only that but very tasty and delicious, as well.

Gluten Free Biscuits
adapted from: http://simplygluten-free.com/blog/2011/07/gluten-free-biscuits.html

1 1/2 cups white rice flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 stick butter
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment or grease well.
Place flour, starch, baking powder and salt in a food processor.  Mix well. Cut in butter until crumbly sand-like texture . Slowly add milk just until it comes together. Place on a floured surface (use more rice flour or potato starch). Roll out until it is about 3/4 inch thick.  Cut into biscuits.  Place on cookie sheet.
Bake about 25minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment